Mapenzi from Kenya
Meet Mapenzi from Kenya! Mapenzi loves making music- with her voice, with instruments and just about anything. Celebrating her culture through music makes her body feel alive and is one of her favorite feelings in the world.
Each Global Kidizen Doll is:
- Hand-knit with love by Artisans in Peru, working within a certified fair trade organization
- Made with 100% cotton yarn, using non-toxic, eco-friendly dyes
- Accompanied by its own digital story, which can be accessed as a simple download – making it convenient to share from any phone, tablet or computer.
- Each story takes you & your littles on an adventure to discover new cultures, highlighting similarities while celebrating differences in a creative & engaging way
- We work closely with partners from each country to bring the characters to life, creating authentic, kid-friendly stories about their cultures and communities.
- You can learn more about our Development Partners here.
Giving Back to support global communities is a core part of our mission.
- A donation is made with the purchase of every Global Kidizen doll.
- Organizations receiving donations have been chosen by our partners in their home country and vetted for transparency
- With the purchase of Mapenzi, a donation will be made directly to Ubunifu Lamu Initiative, a non-profit organization with a mission to integrate cultural and creative programming into the everyday lives of vulnerable children in Mararani Village, located on Lamu Island, Kenya.
Related productsView all
Luna from Peru
Ravi from India
Míng Lì from China
Global Kidizen Friends Pair